CBD offers a wide variety of benefits, including managing pain, improving sleep, and increasing energy levels. Many have also found CBD products helpful for managing anxiety. Growing research indicates that CBD may be especially beneficial for those who deal with anxiety. It is estimated that about 40 million adults in the US experience anxiety disorders, which is about one-fifth of the population. There is a wide range of medicinal treatments to help treat anxiety, but many prefer to use a natural product such as CBD for treatment.
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is often characterized as inner turmoil. Many people who suffer from moderate to severe anxiety will also exhibit behaviors such as pacing back and forth, rumination, and somatic complaints. For most, anxiety comes with intense feelings of dread, anticipating negative events, or even feeling like death is imminent. It can also be accompanied by restlessness, muscle tension, problems concentrating, and fatigue. There are a variety of anxiety disorders, including:
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Specific phobias
How CBD Works for Anxiety
CBD is extracted from the cannabis plant, but it doesn’t contain any THC, which is the psychoactive component of marijuana that gives a person the feeling of being “high.” CBD is helpful for reducing anxiety. Several studies have found it beneficial for managing anxieties. In 2012, the journal, Neuropsychopharmacology discovered that CBD could effectively reduce anxiety and improve sleep for people experiencing social anxiety disorders. There are numerous other studies demonstrating that CBD can help reduce anxiety, including improving the symptoms associated with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
CBD interacts with the body’s natural endocannabinoid system, which helps regulate sleep, pain, appetite, and mood. CBD increases endocannabinoids in the body, which helps to reduce anxiety. If you are under the care of a medical professional who is involved with treating you for anxiety, it’s important to discuss the use of CBD with them.
6 Benefits of CBD for Anxiety
CBD may offer relief from anxiety in a number of ways. Here are six of the ways CBD may be able to help reduce anxiety.
- Reducing Stress Hormone Levels. CBD is well-known for reducing stress hormone levels in the body, including cortisol.
- Reducing Symptoms of Anxiety. CBD can be helpful in reducing the symptoms of a wide variety of anxiety disorders.
- Reducing the Negative Effects of Stress. CBD helps to reduce the negative effects of anxiety-related stress. It reduces stress hormone levels, which helps to reduce symptoms associated with anxiety disorders.
- Enhancing Serotonin’s Effect. CBD helps enhance the effect of serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that plays a big role in regulating anxiety and mood.
- Reduce Inflammation. Inflammation has been linked to a wide variety of health conditions, including anxiety. CBD is helpful for reducing inflammation, which can help reduce symptoms associated with anxiety.
- Protect the Brain. Stress can have a damaging effect on the brain. CBD can help protect the brain by reducing the symptoms of anxiety and the negative effect it has on the brain.
Ways to Take CBD for Anxiety
CBD products come in various forms, such as capsules, oils, or gummies. It is also used topically in the form of creams, lotions, or oils. When you start taking CBD for anxiety, you will want to start with a low dose and slowly increase it until you find the dosage that works for you.
Capsules are a popular way to consume CBD for anxiety. Our CBD capsules +Terpenes are premeasured, you are assured of getting the proper dosage every time. When you consume CBD in capsule form, allow time for it to work its way through the digestive system before you feel its effects. It is crucial to take it consistently as it will build up in your system and help alleviate symptoms.
You can also take CBD oils to help alleviate anxiety symptoms. Brio Nutrition offers 500, 1000, 1500, and 2500 mg dosages. You can also choose between broad-spectrum and full-spectrum formulas to help you find exactly what works best for you. Oils are placed under the tongue and are absorbed into the body more quickly than capsules or gummies.
If you need something during the day to help take the edge off, try CBD gummies. They contain a low dose of CBD and are great to take any time you need a small adjustment. Anytime Gummies from Brio Nutrition are infused with hemp, so you can get the most out of your experience.
Let Brio Nutrition Help!
Are you looking for CBD for anxiety? Whether you’ve been using CBD for a while, or are just starting to experiment with CBD products, contact Brio Nutrition. We can answer any questions you have about taking CBD for anxiety, including dosage, frequency, and which product to take. Let us know how we can help you.